Ants are quite the everyday sight in Virginia. However, these tiny scavengers can turn into a real nuisance once they invade your home. Not only are they unsightly, but they can also carry bacteria, contaminate your food, and even cause structural damage to your home. Knowing the signs of an ant infestation can help you take appropriate measures to prevent further damage. In this post, we’ll discuss signs that you have ants in your home and how Better Termite and Pest Control can help keep your Virginia Home ant-free.
1. Sightings of Ants: The first sign that you have an ant infestation is sighting the ants themselves. The common household ants are tiny and black, so they can be challenging to spot them at first. However, if you notice a trail of tiny black ants moving back and forth, then it’s a sign that there is a colony nearby. The presence of giant ants is also a sign that you may have an infestation. If you see these ants, do not hesitate to call a professional ant exterminator since they may be more aggressive and inflict a painful bite.
2. Ant Trails: Ants leave scent trails behind to communicate with each other and find food sources. You’ll commonly find these trails on walls, baseboards, or the floor. If you notice a long trail of ant movement in your home, then there’s a good chance you have an infestation.
3. Dead Ants: If you find dead ants around your home, start looking for any signs of an infestation. Dead ants may indicate a larger infestation, meaning a lot of ants are dying.
4. Rustling Sounds: Ants are known to make rustling sounds inside the walls. If you start hearing these sounds, then it’s a sign that there is an ant colony close by. It’s essential to call a professional ant exterminator immediately to prevent the ants from expanding their colony.
5. Piles of Sawdust: Carpenter ants can cause severe damage to the structure of your home. If you find piles of sawdust around your home, this may indicate an infestation of carpenter ants. These ants are unique since they tunnel through wood to create their nests. If you notice this sign, call a professional pest control service provider immediately.
Ants can be incredibly persistent, and doing the work yourself may not entirely eliminate the infestation. If you notice any signs of an ant infestation in your home, it’s important to contact a professional ant exterminator immediately. At Better Termite and Pest Control, our team of professionals is experienced in ant control and will tailor a treatment plan to suit your needs. Our experts provide safe and effective ant control services to keep your home ant-free. So, don’t let an ant infestation cause damage to your home. Contact Better Termite and Pest Control today to schedule an inspection and treatment plan. We are here to help.