Broadlands Pest Control
Get A Free Estimate
Broadlands Virginia Pest Control
From its conception in the 1990s, Broadlands is continually ranked as one of the best suburbs to live in Virginia. Thanks to the many parks, playgrounds, nature walks, and picnic areas, the National Wildlife Foundation named it a Certified Wildlife Habitat Community. If you visit, you’ll also find plenty of restaurants, coffee shops, and beautiful neighborhoods to explore.
Many say Broadlands has some of the best school districts and neighborhoods in Virginia, making it a great place to raise a family or open a business. Better Termite Pest Control, a Broadlands pest control company, is proud to serve the city’s families and businesses, building excellent business-client relationships with top-tier technology and pest control practices.
Better Termite and Pest Control has built a solid reputation in Broadlands for the following reasons:
- We continually train our pest control experts on the latest pest control best practices.
- We are a family-owned and operated business with no third-party contractors.
- We offer plenty of abatement programs to ensure you get the best pest control possible for your home and family.
- All our pest control programs use environmentally-friendly materials to lessen our carbon footprint.
- We bring a personable touch to all our jobs.
Broadlands Rodent Control
Remember that mice can fit into any hole they can get their head in and multiply quickly. So even if one mouse gets into your home, it can still breed up to 20 mice. Not to mention that mice can spread disease if you come in direct contact with them, whether by touching their pellets or getting bitten.
The good news is that mice are easy to spot in your home. You might need to call Broadlands rat control if you notice the following signs:
- Squeaking and scratching in your walls.
- Pathways along your walls full of pellets, oily residue from the mouse’s fur, or claw marks.
- Gnaw marks on your foodstuff or furniture.
- Unexplained smells or marks.
- Your pets act strange around certain areas of your home.
- You catch a mouse running across your floor.
You can also make a few DIY traps or repellants to keep mice out of your home until Broadlands pest control arrives.
- Set up cages to catch mice so you can set them free later, at least a mile from your home.
- Mix peppermint oil, cloves, and pepper in a bag or bottle to repel mice.
- Fill tiny soda bottle caps with ammonia to mimic the smell of mice predators.
- Use a foundation repair kit to close any holes in your foundation where mice can most easily get into your home.
Remember, if you see a mouse, don’t try to catch it with your bare hands. Instead, let Broadlands pest control know about your mouse problem so they can mouse-proof your home.
Broadlands Mosquito Control
Virginians deal with the Asian tiger mosquito more than any other mosquito, which comes out to bite both day and night. They are living longer, hibernating later in the year, and their population has grown over the last several years thanks to climate change.
Plus, mosquitos carry a few different diseases, like the West Nile and Zika viruses, killing a few people yearly. Most people recover from these diseases, but it’s still essential to prevent them with repellants and eliminate their breeding grounds.
Before you pick up the phone to call Broadlands yellow jacket control, you can try the following methods to repel mosquitoes at home:
- Turn over and clean any sources of standing water, like buckets, wading pools, and bird baths.
- Trim your grass and bushes, and try not to walk through densely wooded areas without protection.
- Spray larvicide that contains 50% DEET around where you cannot clean standing water.
- Burn candles that contain lemongrass or lavender oil.
- Blow a box fan near you to blow mosquitoes away.
- Make a DIY mosquito trap with yeast and sugar water in a bucket or mason jar.
In most cases, mosquitoes hang around standing water because they breed in it. If you clean out standing water sources regularly, you should be able to nip your mosquito problem in the bud. If mosquitoes are still biting, Broadlands mosquito control can take care of it with no problem.
Protect Your Home from Termites with Termite Control in Broalands, VA