Germantown Pest Control
Get A Free Estimate
Germantown Maryland Pest Control
Germantown is the third most populated city in Maryland, with plenty of events each year, including the Germantown Oktoberfest, which is full of German-themed food and music. You might even have seen the town if you’ve watched a few episodes of The X-Files.
With such a vast population, plenty of mice, mosquitos, yellow jackets, and other pests are looking for homes all year round. Better Termite and Pest Control is ready to tackle any pest control issue any residential or commercial property may have, using state-of-the-art equipment and the latest pest control practices, all with your health and safety in mind.
Better Termite and Pest Control upholds its reputation as a family-owned and operated Germantown pest control company with benefits like:
- Using environmentally-friendly materials to lessen your carbon footprint and better protect yourself, your family, and your pets’ health.
- Plenty of pre-treatment and abatement programs to specifically tackle different pests.
- Flexibility to meet both commercial and residential pest control needs.
- Personable touch for assisting customers in a family-friendly environment.
Germantown Rodent Control
Mice or rats usually get into homes through gaps or holes in the walls, siding, or floors. They can squeeze through any hole at or larger than ¼ inch, about the size of a dime. Plus, their strong teeth can gnaw on most common household materials to make holes bigger, so keeping them out can require some heavy-duty materials.
Luckily, mice are a common enough problem that you can buy some sturdy kits or materials to prevent mice from entering your home. So it’s a good idea to take precautions as soon as possible since mice can chew through wires and start fires on top of spreading diseases.
Mice are also relatively easy to spot since they leave signs all over your home that they’ve set up camp in your walls. Some signs of a rodent infestation might include:
- Gnaw marks on walls or pipes or food boxes.
- Squeaking or scratching sounds in your walls.
- Oily residue from mice sneaking along your walls.
- Pathways filled with oily residue and mice pellets.
- Strange smells resulting from mice pellets or urine.
- Your pets act weird or nervous around certain parts of your home.
There are a few ways to humanely get rid of mice or repel them from your home before calling Germantown rat control, such as:
- Seal holes around your home using a foundation repair kit or silicone caulk around pipes and wires.
- Set traps behind your fridge and laundry machines or along walls where you spot oily residue or mice pellets.
- Ammonia-soaked cotton balls trick mice into thinking predators are nearby.
- It sounds cliche, but getting a cat to hunt and trap mice might work.
If you see any signs of rodents, Better Termite and Pest Contol is the best rodent control in Germantown.
Germantown Mosquito Control
Like mice or rats, mosquitoes might carry diseases like malaria, the West Nile or Zika virus, or heartworms. These diseases pop up every so often, and while most people recover from their symptoms, they sometimes result in death. Most often, though, mosquitoes are simply pests that disrupt a comfortable summer evening spent outside.
Mosquitoes usually lay their eggs inside or around standing water. If you have a mosquito problem, you can eliminate those sources, such as wading pools, bird baths, puddles, or buckets of water, and see if the problem persists. If not, an Ashburn mosquito control company can nip the problem in the bud.
Before calling your local Germantown pest control, you can try slowing down the mosquito problem by trying these things:
- When sitting outside, turn on a box fan to blow the pests away from your spot.
- Burn candles with lavender or lemongrass to repel mosquitoes.
- Make mosquito traps out of sugar water and yeast in a mason jar or bucket.
- Leaving any standing water can attract mosquitoes, so clean out any sources of standing water once a week.
- Spray larvicide containing 30 to 50% DEET around places where you cannot clear out standing water.
If you’re having trouble with other annoying insects, Better Termite and Pest Control also has some of the best Germantown yellow jacket control in the area.
Germantown Maryland Termite Control
When You Need Termite Control in Germantown, Maryland – Here’s What to Look For
If you’re a homeowner or business owner in Germantown, Maryland, and you’ve identified that you have a termite problem, it’s essential to act quickly. Termites can cause significant damage to your home or business if left untreated, so hiring an experienced termite control company is the best way to protect your property. Let’s take a look at some of the key factors you should consider when selecting the right termite control service for your needs.
When it comes to something as serious as controlling termites on your property, experience matters. The last thing you want is someone who is inexperienced trying to tackle your issue; this could create more problems than it solves! Make sure the company you hire is knowledgeable and experienced withtermite control and can provide examples of successful cases they have handled in the past. Also, make sure they are licensed and insured for added peace of mind.
Quality Products and Services
Termite control experts should use quality products and offer comprehensive services that meet all of your needs. Ask them what type of products they use for extermination and treatment – do not be afraid to ask questions about their process! A good termite control provider will be able to answer all of your questions in detail. Additionally, make sure that any materials used by the company are safe for both people and pets living in the area being treated. The best companies also provide follow-up services after treatment — which can include routine inspections — to ensure that termites stay away from your property permanently.
It’s important to keep cost in mind when choosing a termite control expert in Germantown, Maryland; however, don’t let price be the only driving factor when making a decision. Be sure to get quotes from several companies so you can compare pricing options while still ensuring that you select a quality provider who meets all of your other criteria as well (such as experience). Keep in mind that paying more upfront may actually save money down the road by preventing future damage caused by a poorly controlled outbreak!
Finding an experienced Germantown Maryland Termite Control expert doesn’t have to be difficult — just make sure you look for one with plenty of experience using quality products, providing comprehensive services at competitive prices. Doing so will ensure that your home or business is protected from future damage caused by these pesky critters! And if done properly, will guarantee complete eradication of any current infestations that exist on your property. Good luck!