Leesburg Pest Control
Get A Free Estimate
Leesburg Virginia Pest Control
Leesburg has a rich history, named after the ancestors of Robert E. Lee and a refuge for critical federal documents during the War of 1812 and the Civil War. Today, it’s better known as a commuter city with plenty of patriotic celebrations and the birthplace of several famous historians and athletes.
Better Termite and Pest Control is proud to serve a town with this rich history and culture. Leesburg has plenty of residents and commercial businesses that require protection from pests all year round, so Better Termite keeps up to date with pest control best practices and top-tier equipment.
- We are a family-owned and operated business and bring a personal touch to all our clients, building close-knit relationships to last for years
- We use environmentally-friendly equipment and products to reduce our carbon footprint and improve our health and safety measures
- Our comprehensive termite control and all-in-one programs help cover all aspects of Leesburg pest control
- We have flexible scheduling and don’t use third-party call centers to interact with our customers
- We work with the top builders in the Virginia-Maryland region to provide treatment programs
Leesburg Rodent Control
You can spot mice in your home through the following signs:
- Gnaw marks on your walls, pipes, or food boxes
- Oily residue from mice rubbing up against your walls
- Scratching or squealing sounds in your walls
- Your pets act nervous around certain spots
- Pathways full of mice pellets, residue, or food crumbs
- Unexplained damage to furniture or cupboards
- Strange smells
- Track prints
Mice may look cute, but they can spread disease and damage your home in several ways. They spread disease by directly touching the mouse or their waste when the mouse bites you or eating food they have touched. They can also chew through electrical wires and potentially start fires, which can result in damage and loss of your property.
Mice tend to come in groups when they invade a house, carrying parasites that can spread through your home. They often enter through weep holes, which your home uses to allow condensation and water to drain from the structure, especially if your home has a brick exterior.
If you suspect rodent activity in your home, Better Termite and Pest Control has excellent rodent control for Leesburg residents. In the meantime, you can use these tips to help repel mice.
- Put out cotton balls soaked in ammonia to trick mice into thinking predators are close
- Place traps near holes or behind certain appliances to trap or even kill mice
- Seal any weep holes with foundation repair kits or silicone caulk
- Make a mixture of cayenne pepper, peppermint oil, pepper, and cloves to repel mice.
- Close and seal your garbage containers
Spotting mice is easy, but Better Termite wants to make Leesburg rat control even easier.
Leesburg Mosquito Control
Luckily, you can take a few simple steps to help repel mosquitoes around your home.
- Once a week, clean out sources of standing water, like bird baths, wading pools, puddles, or tree holes around your home, since mosquitoes like laying their eggs in standing water
- Use bug spray or lotion whenever you spend time outside at night
- Spray larvicide around your yard that contains at least 30% DEET, especially around places where you cannot clean out standing water
- Burn candles that contain lemongrass or lavender oil
- Run a box fan close to you to blow mosquitoes away
- Trim your grass, bushes, and other vegetation down so you don’t rub against them
Better Termite’s mosquito control involves using a special mosquito-eliminating larvicide to trouble spots around your house and backyard. We use only environmentally-friendly products to keep your backyard and family safe. Leesburg mosquito control and Leesburg yellow jacket control keep pests away for a long time without sacrificing your comfort and health.
Termite Control in Leesburg Virginia: Why It Matters